We’re looking for a passionate and detail orientated Mid-weight UX Designer to join our expanding team.
Design is at the heart of everything we do. A UX designer's role at Nimbletank is to balance the business priorities of the clients we work with, whilst championing the needs of the users we design for. You are a collaborator and creator, a consultant and a craftsperson.
We may consider more Junior UX candidates as well, but you’ll need to make sure that your skills are sharp and you can demonstrate the type of effective, well thought out work we’re looking for.
Our successful candidate will be working across multiple-projects, be client facing and will be immersed in the entire product development process, from research & discovery to definition, design and user testing.
You’ll report into our UX Lead and be a vital link between Strategy and Design.
- Champion user experience design and design thinking internally within our organisation and with our clients
- Producing and documenting wireframes
- Planning and conducting research (qual & quant)
- High-level and conceptual thinking of design solutions
- Holistic touchpoint design
- Experience mapping
- Planning, executing and reporting on user testing
- User flows, ecosystem design
- Persona development
- Concept development
- Paradigm and competitor analysis
- Content auditing and strategy
- Presenting work to groups of stakeholders and clients, of all levels
- Working as an effective member of an agile team, in a fast paced environment
- You’re a well-rounded UX/UI professional who connects the dots between business value, customer needs, innovation and good design
- 2-3 years of agency experience (negotiable depending on our judgement of your quality)
- You’ve got proof of brilliantly crafted prototypes and wireframes that visualise products and features that clearly meet their requirements and are baked in the needs of their users
- You have a penchant for producing clear, easy-to-understand UX documentation
- Experience and an in depth of understanding of mobile first and responsive design concepts
- You’re a thinker and a problem solver who doesn’t sit on the side in meetings
- You have a keen understanding of design principles, including OS & Android Native standards
- You sketch before you wire
- You prototype early to validate your assumptions
- You have an in depth understanding of human cognition
- You understand how software is put together
- You have experience in planning, coordinating research and user testing. This is not a mandatory, but will definitely be part of your job
- Contribute to the UX zeitgeist and community in some way and have a demonstrable interest in your field, outside of project work
- Experience running and facilitating User Experience workshops with senior clients
- Mad UI skills (you’re here to do User Experience, but having the capability to produce great UI work will be a plus)
- A degree in HCI or a design related subject (not as important as your experience and capability)
- Adobe CC (you don’t have to be a pro)
- Surveying programmes
- Google Analytics
- Experience using testing software such as Optimizely, Validately or usertesting.com
- More complex prototyping tools such as Framer.JS