Nimbletank is the UK’S most awarded mobile transformation agency; a new breed of mobile agency that creates a sweet spot between strategy, creativity and effectiveness through innovation.
- We transform business and behaviour through innovative mobile products that create impact.
- We believe in creating the best and most engaging experiences through mobile
- We believe in taking ownership and responsibility, sharing credit and donuts.
- We believe in taking care of people. Today. Tomorrow. And for as long as you’re with us.
- We believe in free cocktails on Fridays and having your birthday as your birthday not a work day.
- We believe in going the extra mile, working smarter not just harder,that if a job’s worth doing it’s doing it awesomely.
- We believe that together we are greater than the sum of our parts.
- We believe we couldn’t do it without you.
Position: Senior Front-end Web Developer
Reporting to: Head of Front-end Development
The senior Front-end Web Developer should have the passion and capability to realise ideas in ways that inspire the agency and our clients, liaising with others to provide solutions that are performant yet push the limits in terms of what we are able to achieve technologically.
You must have demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- React Native. You will have developed multiple apps using React Native and understand the strengths and limitations of the technology.
- HTML and CSS skills with solid experience of CSS processing tools such as Sass, Less, or PostCSS, and even CSS-in-JS libraries like styled-components or Emotion.
- Building CSS in a modular way — should know the value of naming schemes and have knowledge of various CSS methodologies and approaches
- Using tools such as Grunt, Gulp and particularly Webpack (this is what we use)
- Targeting multiple device types and experience of responsive web design
- Working in an agile environment apart of a cross-functional team
- Working within an agency environment for clients with high expectations
- Using Git VCS
- Have a passion and eye for good web design and UX
- Knowledge of accessibility issues and how to address them in UI development
- Applying problem solving skills to troubleshoot technical issues
- An active interest in open source contributions.
- Experience with JIRA and other Atlassian products
- Dev Ops Experience — setting up servers, Vagrant, Docker, hosting (AWS) and Linux
- Experience with animation libraries like GSAP, mo.js or anime.js
- Experience deploying applications
- Office closed between Christmas and New Year
- R&D time for learning & training
- Child Care Vouchers
- Season Ticket loan scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthday Holiday
- Days in Lieu for weekend days worked
- Free breakfast on Fridays
- Free food and drinks in the kitchen during the week
- Sunshine Fridays (leave early on Fridays during (July, August)
- Company evening out every month
- Company party twice a year
- 1 month sabbatical after 5 years
- Pension scheme